by LONI MCKENZIE, LMT & Flower Essences Practitioner
Drawing from the rich tradition of Structural Integration, we’ll work with the fascial lines of the side body. Using body reading to assess whole body balance and movement of breath, we’ll understand where to go in the body. What needs unwound? What work will most serve the person before us today?
Some of the topics we’ll cover:
- Positioning/bolstering for client comfort and safety
- Why and when to work side lying vs prone/supine
- The value of client movement while on the table
- Appropriate depth and speed for effective fascial work
- Chronic back/neck/shoulder pain and the sidelines
- Breath as a support system
- Body Reading
- Tissue assessment
- Unwinding side fascia from the hip to toes
- The Space Between: what’s happening between the hip and ribs?
- Unwinding side fascia from hip to head
As always, Loni's classes have zero thumb work and excellent body mechanics, so we can all have long, pain-free careers.
The Unwinding Fascia, Sidelines is class number one in a series that explores the rich, complex, fascinating relationships within each of our bodies. Each class includes Body Reading, an understanding of how gravity affects our structure, movement awareness and developing trust in intuition and discernment.
While each class compliments and builds on the others, it’s not necessary to take all classes in the series.
Register here: Unwinding Fascia: Sidelines
(or scroll down to the bottom of the page)
R E G I S T R A T I O N